Pastor Bill has been granted a sabbatical that will be June 1- August 31, 2016. A sabbatical is a planned time in which the pastor is given leave from all pastoral responsibilities in order to spend an extended time away in rest, reflection, and spiritual refreshment. We would be extremely grateful for those who would choose to partner with us during Pastor Bill’s sabbatical by joining in regular and consistent prayer for him, his family, and our church. Some specific prayer request follow.
- Pray that Pastor Bill would rest and be refreshed both physically and spiritually.
- Pray the he would hear clearly from God as he spends time in the Word, in prayer, in study, and reflection.
- Pray for all our church leaders. Pray especially for our church board and deacons, as they take on several important responsibilities during this time.
- Pray for all of the people of Vroom St. Church. Pray that we would be faithful in meeting for worship, in servicing, and in the giving during these three months.
- Pray for the entire Sweeting family by name: Katie, Joshua, Time & Jahmitza, Benjamin.
- Pray for those who will be preaching at our Sunday worship service. Pray that the message will be Christ centered, draw hearts to Jesus and lead us to spiritual growth.
- Pray for safe travel for Pastor Bill and Katie. Pray that they will enjoy fun activities and experience great fellowship during their time away.
- Pray for all those who God may use to speak into Pastor Bill’s life during his sabbatical. Pray that they would speak the truth in love and that God may use it to help him to grow as a disciple and servant of Jesus. Ask God to give him an open heart and a listening mind.
- Pray for Pastor Bill’s growth as a husband, father, leader, and pastor.
- Pray that Pastor Bill may experience a balance of activities and rest and of learning and listening during his sabbatical.
- Pray that Pastor Bill will make a smooth transition after his sabbatical, back into pastoring and leading our church with all of the challenges and responsibilities that will be ahead.
“The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” James 5:16b